Are we related?

If you are a descendant or a relative of
TEODORO G. ASPIRAS and AMBROSIA ESTACIO FANGONILO
from Agoo, La Union, in the Philippines,
then this is your blog!

I am his direct descendant who wants to know who else is related to me.
He and his wonderful wife had 9 children. His youngest daughter and 7th child, Carmen F. Aspiras, married Adonis R. Lacho and I am their 5th child. I am now married to Charles Mathews and now known as
Carolyn ASPIRAS Mathews.

Join me if you are a blood relative, either distant or direct. Let's see how prolific our lineage truly is!

LITTLE KNOWN FACT:
My mom told me that my grandfather and the mother of the late
JOSE D. ASPIRAS
Former Philippine Minister of Tourism,
are first cousins, so he and my mom are second cousins.
He is known to the family as "Pepito or Peping".

Monday, February 1, 2010

We found more Spots! Yay!!!

Remember Kimmy, well I found her uncle, Ervin! He found this blog and left this comment:

My name is Ervin Aspiras. My roots can be traced from the lineage of my grandfather, Juan Jarabata Aspiras who married Gregoria Galvan Lopez. He came from Agoo, La Union but migrated to Zamboanga City during the term of President Quirino. I am also trying to trace my roots.

Joe Aspiras, former Tourism Secretary was the second cousin of my father. My grandfather Juan Aspiras is related to the former Archbishop Mariano Madriaga (I think they were first cousins.).

He also has a site for our continuing search.
http://www.myheritage.com/site-20392631/aspiras-clan-web-site.

You know I'll be looking into that!

And then we got this from JOANNA RIZZA ASPIRAS BAGANO:

I'm JOANA RIZZA ASPIRAS BAGANO from La Trinidad, Benguet. I don't know how we are related but I'll give a few things about my ancestry. My grandfather is Teodoro M. Aspiras, well, the middle name is Mendoza. He passed away last 2001. My grandmother's name is Fortunata D. Aspiras (the D stands for Dacanay). My grandfather is a native of Agoo, La Union. Some of my relatives say that we are somehow related o Philippine TV broadcast journalist, Jessica A. Soho. Well they say her A stands for Aspiras. I'm not sure but her family lives quite near us in Agoo.

Wow!!!

Here's also HARLENE SHANE ASPIRAS:
I'm Harlene Shane Aspiras from Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro. I don't know how we are related, but my grandfather told me that we came from the Aspiras of Northern part of Luzon. Most of our families there are "Ilocanos". They also said that all aspiras families are related but have lived to different places.

Awesome!!!

Let's hear about ANA CONCEPCION ASPIRAS:
Hi! Anne here from ParaƱaque, My father's name Benito Basilio Aspiras I dont know if were related but he's also from Agoo, La Union I dont have details about my roots but he told me once that he's related to Jose Dacanay Aspiras I'm not sure but he once told me that Joe Aspiras was he's ucle, younger brother of his father. You can check my photos at

Friendster: Ana Concepcion Aspiras.


Sa-weet deal!!!

And look, a closer "spot" to mine from GRACE ESTACIO, a definite close relative!
Hello, my name is Grace M. Estacio,33, single.. My Father, Manuel N. Estacio hails from Agoo,La Union. According to him, we are distant relative of the Aspiras-Estacio clan. I know the house of Your Lolo Jose,coz whenever we visit our uncles when i was young, we pass by that house, near the park.. my Father's ancestral house is just few streets from your lolo Jose's house... I hope this would be the start of a great friendship. We are now leaving here in SOlano,nueva Vizcaya, region 2, Philippines.. Thanks and God Bless.

You read it here, folks... Our map is filling in and I hope to fill it more until we have located all the Aspiras in the world!

No comments: