Are we related?

If you are a descendant or a relative of
TEODORO G. ASPIRAS and AMBROSIA ESTACIO FANGONILO
from Agoo, La Union, in the Philippines,
then this is your blog!

I am his direct descendant who wants to know who else is related to me.
He and his wonderful wife had 9 children. His youngest daughter and 7th child, Carmen F. Aspiras, married Adonis R. Lacho and I am their 5th child. I am now married to Charles Mathews and now known as
Carolyn ASPIRAS Mathews.

Join me if you are a blood relative, either distant or direct. Let's see how prolific our lineage truly is!

LITTLE KNOWN FACT:
My mom told me that my grandfather and the mother of the late
JOSE D. ASPIRAS
Former Philippine Minister of Tourism,
are first cousins, so he and my mom are second cousins.
He is known to the family as "Pepito or Peping".

Monday, July 28, 2008

Another good spot!



Current Location: Qatar

He's actually the one who started looking for the Aspiras line for his side of the family, but Ramon started helping and wham!- they found lots of us, including me, just a few days ago... He is our musical cousin who has had the pleasure of playing with the likes of APO Hiking Society, Side A, Aegis, Francis Magalona, Ai-Ai De las alas (his kumare), Basil Valdez, and many more Filipino music artists. His passion is music and art. Wow, I pale in comparison, I like to listen to music and barely dabbling in the craft division of art. Ha, ha...

A quick bio:
1st Married to Henrietta Espeleta Santiago from Batangas City) bore three (3) children- 1)Lourdes Cheryl Santiago Aspiras working for Qatar Airways, still single, 2)Charisma Antonette Aspiras Cassidy (now in Hilliard Ohio and married to Lee Thomas Cassidy and irish immigrant, and 3)Francis Anthony Santiago Aspiras married to Melanie Ngo (chinese) they have a son (another apo, Miguel Iniego Ngo Aspiras (6 yrs old).

From 2nd wife, Susan Mangahas Santiago (Bulacan), came two more beautiful children: 1)Gerald Patrice Santiago Aspiras, working for CSTS a geotech firm here in Doha QATAR. He graduated from University of Arizona (UofA) as a Geological & Mines Engineer. 2)Patricia Nicolle Santiago Aspiras is still in University of southern California, taking up nursing and in her junior year and should graduating in 2010.

Here's his family pictures. Enjoy!


Charisma, Cherry and BJ









And his son Gino Aspiras from his second wife


Tricia, his daughter from his second wife;









Jo with his new girlfriend, a Korean Air stewardess.






As I was told by "Jo" and "Monet", the Aspiras clan is spread all over the world though our definite origin came from the humble region of Agoo, La Union in the Luzion region of the Philippine islands. It's such an exciting notion that with his and his brother's help, we are armed to place them in our pedigree map and have each name confidently "point" out their place in our family.

From these pictures, how great is it that my Aspiras side have the looks, sense of adventure and smarts to make things happen.

Tidbit: Small world indeed; we lived in Gilbert and Mesa Arizona and have known many youth that were headed for UofA, and my 15-year old Lisa will be graduating from high school in 2010! All these coincidences, it's amazing we haven't all bumped into each other yet!

I'm well pleased...

I also found... JTA III

1 comment:

DiMouli said...

Hi,

My name is Ervin Aspiras. My roots can be traced from the lineage of my grandfather, Juan Jarabata Aspiras who married Gregoria Galvan Lopez. He came from Agoo, La Union but migrated to Zamboanga City during the term of President Quirino. I am also trying to trace my roots. Please follow the link -
http://www.myheritage.com/site-20392631/aspiras-clan-web-site.
Joe Aspiras, former Tourism Secretary was the second cousin of my father. My grandfather Juan Aspiras is related to the former Archbishop Mariano Madriaga (I think they were first cousins.).

You can contact me via ervin_ign@yahoo.com